We can all probably confess that at one time or another, we have been sucked into the vortex of social media, scrolling for more funny dog videos, podcast binging, and spending endless hours on Youtube.
I know I have, as someone who loves to learn, rationalizing time as continuous learning. One day I realized I was overwhelmed and needed to stop consuming so much information and start taking more action and applying what I was learning.
Here are some tips I have used to become a content creator and stop being an enthusiastic consumer.
Three easy steps to stop consuming:
- Unsubscribe from the unnecessary emails and delete any time-wasting apps that aren’t contributing positively to your business.
- Schedule time to consume content that isn’t the optimal time for client prospecting and revenue-generating activities once a day.
- Allocate times when you check emails to avoid unnecessary distractions and get sucked into content surfing. I usually check my emails at 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM and in the evening.
Here are 7 Tips Become A Content Creator:
1. Know Your Audience and what is important to them, and how your products or services can help them. Do not write Content for everyone; focus on the knowledge and expertise of a niche or specialty area, such as social media marketing, lead generation, business strategies for Entrepreneurs, etc. If you are a small business,you can’t do everything and compete with everyone. Another reason that finding a niche is so crucial to small business success: it makes it far easier to describe to potential customers what you do and sell.
2. Be consistent and schedule a time to create and post your Content. I often write a month’s worth of Content in one day, so I am focused and committed to content writing. I then schedule content posting times into my calendar during the week. Your audience starts to look forward to posts, videos, blogs. Consistency is important. Coming out strong and then disappearing doesn’t do much for building your brand confidence.
3. Be strategic and have a plan with your Content. Create Content that is unique to you and differentiates you from your competitors. Determine your goals with your Content; are they so your audience get to know you, your product, or to address your audience’s fears, pains and dreams?
4. Understand your Audience and what is important to them. The best Content comes from questions and concerns that your current or potential clients often ask you. I recommend that my clients make a list of 10 questions your clients ask or problems you solve. That list is a great place to start writing Content and sharing information that may be of interest and value to your audience. Here is an example: A client tells you they are afraid to pick a Niche because they believe “there won’t be enough prospective clients for me, and I’ll go broke.” There you go, a perfect headline and topic!
5. Connect To Your Audience by giving examples that people can relate to, such as case studies or compare the benefits of using two different services or platforms. Example; What are the differences between Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn for getting new clients.
7. Be Authentic and find a voice and speak from the heart and what you believe and how you approach things. You will attract more ideal clients that fit you and your philosophy. You will enjoy your client relationships and attract more like-minded clients.
8. Have A Call To Action. Whether it’s a post or a video, or a free webinar, always tell people what you want them to do next. It may be to comment, message you, click on a link or book a call. It is essential ALWAYS to let them know their next step.
9. Use A grammar checker to ensure your posts are well written. I use Grammarly premium; however, they also have a free version. https://www.grammarly.com
Comment and let me know your thoughts on creating Content, what has worked for you, challenges you have had.
If you want to learn more about other strategies you can implement to add recurring income to your business and build an authority brand, I would be happy to chat; send me a DM or book a call. https://rhambiz.com/discovery/